This policy applies to all personal data processed by CMC and to employees, temporary employees, contractors, service providers, business partners and other third parties who have access to personal data.
CMC will ensure that all personal data it collects is:
- used only for the purposes for which it was collected;
- only collected if required to support business processes;
- an accurate record of the personal data provided;
- maintained and updated;
- disposed of securely when it is no longer needed;
- secured against unauthorised disclosure, amendment or deletion; not transferred to organisations or countries who provide inadequate protection of personal data; and
- processed in accordance with all applicable Data Protection and Privacy laws and regulations, including the person’s data protection and privacy rights.
CMC will also ensure that all persons providing personal data are:
- made aware that their personal data is being collected at the point at which it is obtained;
- informed of the purpose(s) for which their personal data will be used;
- notified where and by whom their personal data may be processed;
- given the option to opt out of use of their personal data for reasons that are not necessary for the provision of services, such as marketing; and
- informed that personal data is processed in accordance with rights to data subjects.
At the point of collection of personal data, and during CMC Markets’ relationship with the data subject, CMC Markets must:
- be clear from the outset about why it is collecting personal data and what it intends to do with it;
- provide individuals with appropriate privacy notices when collecting their personal data.
Personal data must be processed in accordance with all applicable laws. This means that CMC Markets must:
- have legitimate grounds for collecting and using the personal data;
- ensure that it does not do anything unlawful with the data;
- only collect and retain that personal data necessary to provide services and meet legal and regulatory requirements.